Create a home wishlist because your real estate agent will want to know as much as possible about the features and amenities you desire. To help your agent better serve you, analyze what you want and what you need in a home’s features and amenities.
Your Home Wishlist Might Include:
Home Wishlist Features:
- Age: Do you prefer historic properties, or newer ones?
- Style: Do you have a special preference for ranches, bungalows, or another style of construction?
- Bedrooms: How many?
- Bathrooms: How many? Are they updated?
- Living and Dining Areas: A traditional, formal layout, or a more open, contemporary plan?
- Stories: How many?
- Square feet: How much space?
- Ceilings: How high?
- Kitchen: How big? Recently updated? Open to other living areas?
- Storage: Big closets, a shed, an extra-large garage?
- Parking: A garage or carport? Room for how many cars?
- Extras: Attic or basement
Home Wishlist Amenities:
- Play/Exercise Room
- Security System
- Sprinkler System
- In-law suite
- Hot tub
- Additional sidewalks or walkways
- Wooded lot
- Patio, deck, or porch
- Laundry room
- Jack and Jill bathroom
Home Wishlist Location:
- Walking distance to parks? Schools? Stores?
- Homeowner Association?
- Close to major roads? Off the beaten path?
- Location of home in regards to the direction of the sun?