McKinney is the best place to live in America according to Money Magazine. The magazine announced its annual list of best places to live in America for 2014. McKinney was number 2 on the list last year.
This list focuses on cities with populations of between 50,000 and 300,000 people. The magazine focused on “economic strength, job growth, affordable housing, safety, schools, accessible healthcare, arts and leisure and ease of living.”
Why McKinney is the Best Place to Live in America
- Unemployment rate of 5.4%
- Modern City with Southern Charm
- Technology focus in the schools
- Raytheon brought 3600 employee division to McKinney
- Sheraton Hotel and Conference center is opening in February 2015.
- Projected Growth from 2013 to 2018 is 13.1%
- Math test scores are over 15% the state average. Reading test scores are 19% over the state average.
- Medium income is $96,143
- Average home price is $217,879
Money Magazine describes how the rank the cities here.